Fjord Ranger Base Camp programme
Customised outdoor activity programme for interactive learning, exploration and teamwork
Are you curious about the fjord landscape and the people who live here?
Join our Fjord Ranger on a journey through time. See how the glaciers and rivers have shaped the landscape. Learn more about the diversity of the flora and fauna in the world heritage site, and about the fragile biological interactions. Through teamwork and simple activities, you will build your own small fjord farm building, and get an insight into how people have survived in this beautiful but untamed fjord landscape.
- Duration: 1–2 hours (1 hour outdoors, participants are free to spend the rest of the time at the visitor centre)
- Price: 500 Nok familie
- Participants: Minimum 4, maximum 15
- Available: daily the whole year around, but must be booked at least 1-2 days in advance.
- Place: World Heritage Visitor Centre / Norwegian Fjord Centre, outdoors.
- Dress for the weather.
- Interpretation and hands-on learning activities with a Fjord Ranger
- Fjord Ranger badge
- Free access to the World Heritage Visitor CentrE
- Free Wi-Fi