Join the magnificent hike to Vinsåshornet, 1343 meters above sea level. This is the hike to the most spectacular viewpoint in Geiranger – reachable by a full day hike in the peaceful nature.
The tour starts outside the tourist information in the center of Geiranger. We provide the 30 minutes transport to Kvanndalen at 675 meters above sea level, our starting point for the hike. The route begins with a rather steep ascent along the riverside. We cross over the river and on a warm summer day, you will have the possibility to take a quick bath! We continue upwards as the path nestles on the mountainside. Enjoy spectacular views both into another valley and back down towards Geiranger. After two hours hiking, we get close to the summit, and we walk past old remnants of hunting places, built hundreds of years ago. We continue over the very top of Vinsåshornet and towards our resting place just below the summit, where you have the most spectacular view to the Geirangerfjord.
After some lunch, we start descending. We do this on the opposite side and the steep hill demands some concentration. The path takes us into Grinddalen, where we cross the river and continue down towards the end at Hole Hytteutleige. The final half an hour is on a gravel road. At Hole, there is a possibility to buy some refreshments, which marks the end of our tour. The trip down to Geiranger continues on several shortcuts or along the road and takes around 20 minutes.
The hike is demanding, but anyone with reasonable fitness, some full day hiking experience and a minimum of equipment can join.
- Duration: 6–8 hrs
- Route: Geiranger – Kvanndalen – Vinsåshornet – Grinddalen – Hole – Geiranger
- Price 2019: 5.500 NOK per tour for 1–4 persons (7500 nok for 5-8)
- Included services: 6–8 hrs Vinsåshornet hiking tour with private guide, transportation to starting point
- Information: given by a personal guide in English
- Season: June to Oktober
- Starting time: daily at 9.00 a.m.
- Meeting point: outside the tourist information building in the center of Geiranger
- Equipment needed: The weather can change quickly at these hights. Bring a wind jacket and dry clothes to change into. Proper hiking shoes are recommend but good sport shoes can be used.
- Lunch: Please bring enough food and beverages. Lunch can be ordered from Geiranger Bakery for an additional charge.
Please note: You have to purchase the whole tour for up to 4 people. We are not selling the tour per person.