Join us for a fun, relaxed and intimate experience of the majestic Geirangerfiord. Paddling here is great, whatever the weather is like or whatever previous paddling experience you have (or you do not have!). Paddling on the Geirangerfjord is a must-do!
The Discover Kayaking Tour is our shortest and easiest one. We start at the kayak base at Homlong and paddle past the Homlong Bay and towards the point where you can see "The Seven Sister" waterfall. The guide will take good care of you and tell you all interesting facts about the Geirangerfjord and the surroundings. Remember to bring a camera to capture the stunning scenery and amazing views, you only get from the cockpit of a kayak.
- Duration: 2 hrs
- Prices 2019: adults 680 NOK, children (8-15 y/o) 580 NOK
- Group size: 2 people per guide minimum, 10 people per guide maximum
- Minimum age: 8 years (Children have to be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.)
- Season 2019: May to September email@example.com
- Tour start:: daily 09.30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 03.30 p.m. (Please contact us for different times for groups.)
- Meeting point: Geiranger Kayak Center in Homlong
- Tickets: available online on this website and at the ticket counter in the tourist information in Geiranger (up until 1 hour before the tour start)
- Experienced guide with safety and emergency equipment
- Instruction in paddling technique and safety briefing
- High quality kayak gear (life vest, spray skirt, paddle). Spray skirt keeps you dry in the kayak, from your waist to your feet.
- Approximatly 2 hours tour in a double kayak
- Small group of maximum 10 people per guide
Safety note: Sea kayaking has inherent risks and can be dangerous. In the Geirangerfjord, they are characterised by: remoteness, changing weather and water conditions, cold water and limited kayaking landing sites. Detailed risk management and strict safety procedures are mandatory. However changing conditions can mean that tours have to be modified. No two tours are the same. It is very rare but weather could delay your scheduled return by up to 30 min e.g. Clients on guided tours must listen carefully to and follow guides' instructions and adhere to safety requirements. Our reputation depends on your safety – we give it top priority.