Interested in kayaking and hiking in the middle of Geirangerfjord, exploring its vast untouched wilderness? Your guide will lead you to a remote, abandoned fjord farm called Skageflå. This farm is one of the most famous farms in the fjord. We paddle along the fjord until we reach a small bay where we leave the kayaks and the gear. We start to hike to Skageflå that is 250 m above the sea level. The hike is short, but steep, so it’s a good idea to put on hiking boots before the tour. You will get many opportunities to see the majestic waterfalls such as "The Seven Sisters" and "The Suitor” so don't forget to bring your camera to capture the stunning scenery! After a short break at the farm we go down to the kayaks and paddle back to the Kayak Center. The guide takes good care of you at all times during the tour and provides you with facts and stories about the Geirangerfjord and its surroundings. The Farm Tour is usually very private with a small number of participants.
- Duration: 5,5 hrs (2 x 1,5 hrs kayaking, 2 x 45 mins hiking)
- Prices 2019: adults 1.550 NOK, children (10-15 y/o) 1.300 NOK
- Group size: 2 people per guide minimum, 8 people per guide maximum
- Minimum age: 10 years (Children have to be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.)
- Season 2019: May to September
- Tour start: daily 09.30 a.m. (Please contact us for different times for groups.)
- Meeting point: Geiranger Kayak Center in Homlong
- Tickets: available online on this website and at the ticket counter in the tourist information in Geiranger (up until 1 hour before the tour start)
- Experienced guide with safety and emergency equipment
- Instruction in paddling technique and safety briefing
- High quality kayak gear (life vest, spray skirt, paddle) Spray skirt keeps you dry in the kayak, from your waist to your feet.
- Approximatly 5,5 hours tour (kayaking in a double kayak and hiking Skagehola-Sageflå-Skagehola)
- Small group of maximum 10 people per guide
Safety note: Sea kayaking has inherent risks and can be dangerous. In the Geirangerfjord, they are characterised by: remoteness, changing weather and water conditions, cold water and limited kayaking landing sites. Detailed risk management and strict safety procedures are mandatory. However changing conditions can mean that tours have to be modified. No two tours are the same. It is very rare but weather could delay your scheduled return by up to 30 min e.g. Clients on guided tours must listen carefully to and follow guides' instructions and adhere to safety requirements. Our reputation depends on your safety – we give it top priority.